Here’s our rundown of the top 10 Smart Investor benefits:
1. We'll help you learn how to:
- Get your finances in shape and plan your investment goals
- Make the most of tax allowances
- Reduce and manage investment risk. However, you could still make a loss.
Learn about our principles of investing
2. Stay up to date and analyse different investments in our Research Centre
- Free daily company and market insight alerts to keep up-to-date with the latest price changes
- Overviews of how different markets are performing
- Fund news and comment, plus charts to help you compare investments in lots of different ways.
Visit our Research Centre
3. Fund your account, find and trade investments on the move using our handy app
- If you have a Barclays current account, you can download the Barclays app to enjoy the convenience of having your investments at your fingertips
- Search for, buy and sell investments wherever you are
- Simply set your Barclays current account as your nominated bank account in order to fund your Smart Investor account from the app.
How to get the app
4. Hassle free Ready-made Investments
- A simple way to build and maintain a diversified portfolio to match your risk profile and financial goals
- Our ready-made investment funds spread your money across a range of asset types, such as shares and bonds
- Leave the day-to-day management to our experts and we’ll give you regular updates on how the funds are performing.
Please consider whether Ready-made Investments are suitable for you and if you’re not sure, seek independent advice.
Explore Ready-made Investments
5. Select from the Barclays Funds List
- This is made up of funds from across key investment sectors, which have been hand-picked by Barclays Investment Specialists
- They’re not a recommendation but they have been selected on the basis they’ve built solid reputations and are monitored by our experts.
There are of course, a much wider range of funds you may wish to choose from and you should decide which investments are the most suitable for you.
View our Funds List
6. A wide choice of investments
- Access over 2,000 funds - use our filtering tool to help narrow your search
- A large range of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and investment trusts
- Thousands of company shares, bonds and gilts (government bonds)
- Sectors to match your interests and goals, such as impact investments that generate financial returns while having a benefit to society.
Explore the different ways to search for funds that will fit your investment goals
7. Barclays Price Improver™
- With Barclays’ Price Improver™ we automatically get you the best price available from our selected Retail Service Providers
- 92.5% of qualifying deals placed between January 2020 and December 2020 got a better price than than quoted on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Find out more about Barclays’ Price Improver
8. The latest insight, trends and research
- Subscribe to our podcast, Word on the Street, to stay up-to-date with the latest news about the financial markets. Hear analysis from our investment experts about the events that have been making the headlines
- We have a range of articles and videos from Barclays’ experts to keep you informed on our website, but you can also sign up to our regular email so you receive them direct in your inbox
- Our experts don’t provide advice but they explain the effect that economic changes have on financial markets and help you make smarter investment decisions.
Visit Investment News and Articles
9. Compare investments in lots of different ways
- Review several investments side by side using our Compare tool – even when they’re different asset types
- Analyse their recent performance, chart them against one another and compare them against a benchmark such as the FTSE100.
You can access the Compare tool once you’re logged in.
10. Transfer to us online, in four easy steps
- Once you’ve opened a Barclays Investment ISA or Investment Account, move your investments across in just four online steps
- Simply select the provider you’re moving from and the investments you want to transfer
- Confirm you’re happy with your choices and ready to proceed then your investments can be transferred.
Transferring a cash ISA to us can take 1-2 weeks, while an investment ISA or investment account transfer can take 2-4 weeks.
Before transferring your investments, remember that you’ll need to find out about any charges, disadvantages, exit penalties, benefits you may lose or investments that you can’t transfer to us.
Read more about transferring your investments and the risks involved
And if you ever decide you want to move your investments away from Smart Investor there will be no exit fee to pay and that process is also automated and managed online.