How it works
Now you can check your balance securely and in real time on your smartwatch. You can access the Barclays Mobile Banking app with just a few taps on your watch, so keeping track of your money is simpler than ever. And, you can do it all safe in the knowledge that you’re covered by our award-winning security.
The on-screen meter points to the left when your balance is low, and to the right when it’s high. You decide what counts as high and low, so it’s completely personal.
You’ll need one of the following smartwatches
- Apple Watch
- An Android Wear model
Make sure you have the latest version of the app, and then follow these steps:
Apple: Select Barclays Mobile Banking from within the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then choose to ‘show app on watch’.
Android: Your smartwatch will detect the Mobile Banking app on your phone – if you have the latest version downloaded. The app will be automatically pushed to the watch so you can set it up.
Keep in mind that your smartwatch and your phone must always be in the same vicinity for the app to work on your watch.
Setting up the app on your smartwatch
After you’ve downloaded the latest version of the app, you’ll need to set it up on your smartwatch. Here’s how:
- Open the app on your watch
- Log in to the Barclays Mobile Banking app on your phone and your smartwatch will sync with it
- Confirm that you’d like your mobile banking app and smartwatch to be synced on your phone
Adding your account to your smartwatch
Open Barclays Mobile Banking on your phone, then follow these simple steps
- On the home screen of your mobile banking app select ‘Account Management’, then ‘Settings’ and finally select ‘Watch Management’
- Choose ‘Select account’ and pick the account to display on your watch
- Personalise the meter – it’s an easy way to see whether your balance is high or low on your screen
- Tailor your privacy options to suit you, then save your changes
For more support please see the FAQs , or get in touch using the Direct Call function1 in the app.
Banking on the go
Barclays Mobile Banking app
Take your bank with you
Make payments, move money between accounts, and view your balances and transactions – all safely and securely.
Make payments on the go
Apple Pay lets you use your Apple device2 to pay with your Barclays debit card or Barclaycard wherever you see the Apple Pay or contactless logo.
Pay with your Android phone
Contactless Mobile means you can link your Barclays debit card or Barclaycard to your phone, then use it to pay wherever you see the contactless symbol.