Mobile Cheque Imaging
Pay in Barclays cheques using your mobile banking app
You can now deposit Barclays cheques with a value of £500 or less securely through your Barclays Mobile Banking app1 – just take a picture.
- Pay into any Barclays sterling current or savings accounts (excluding ISA and Bond accounts)
- Deposit up to 4 cheques each week if you’re a Personal, Premier or Wealth customer and 20 if you’re a Business customer
- You can deposit most Barclays cheques but you won’t be able to deposit Barclays cheques from closed branches, offshore or the Private Bank
- View cheques you’ve deposited through the app
Welcome to our pilot
Thank you for being one of the first to try paying in cheques with your phone. It’s a more convenient way to pay Barclays cheques into your Barclays accounts. Your support is helping us develop the app – and we’ve got some exciting news about the future of cheques.
The Cheque and Credit Clearing Company (which manages the cheque-clearing system) has announced that from 30 October 2017, there’ll be a new, image-based process. And from the second half of 2018, all UK banks will be using this process.
By the end of 2018, you’ll have:
Faster access to your money
Deposited cheques will clear and be available to you by 23:59 the next weekday (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays).
More options for paying in cheques
You can still do it in a branch, but you’ll also be able to use your Barclays Mobile Banking app by taking a photo of the cheque with your smartphone’s camera.
We’ll start introducing these changes from 30 October 2017, and we’ll send updates over the coming months as we launch new products and services.
Keep in touch
We'd love to hear what you think about the pilot. If you use Facebook2, search for 'Barclays Mobile Cheque Deposit Discussion Group' and click 'Join Group' to tell us about your experience.
You must be registered for, and use the latest version of Barclays Mobile Banking. The pilot’s currently only available on smartphones with Android 4.0 or later with at least a 5-megapixel camera, iPhone 4S or above and iPad 3 or above, both with iOS 8 or later. Terms and conditions apply (133KB).
What is it?
An easy way to pay in Barclays cheques
You can now deposit Barclays cheques for amounts up to £500 securely, using your Barclays Mobile Banking app1. Just take a photo of your cheque, submit it using your app, along with the amount and payee details. The cheque amount will show in your available balance almost instantly and be available by 23:59 the next weekday (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays)3.
- Pay into any Barclays current or savings accounts (excluding ISA and Bond accounts)
- Pay in up to 4 cheques each week if you’re a Personal or Premier customer, and up to 20 if you’re a Business customer
- View cheques you’ve paid in using your Barclays Mobile Banking app
How do I use it?
Cheque clearing cycle