Simple steps to register for Barclays Mobile Banking
Step by step instructions on how to register for the Barclays Mobile Banking app
To be able to register for the Barclays Mobile Banking App, you’ll need:
- The latest version of our mobile banking app. Download from the App Store using a UK configured iPhone or iPad using iOS 7.0 or later
- To verify your account with an activation code which you can generate in Barclays One, or by calling Wealth Client Services.
Get an activation code in Barclays One
- Log on to Barclays One
- Select the ‘Preferences’ tab in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Select ‘Barclays Mobile Banking Activation Code’ from the menu to the left of the screen
- Tick the box to confirm the criteria has been met
- Select mobile number from the drop down list and select ‘Generate Code’
- Retrieve your mobile device and open your mobile banking app
- Proceed with the next steps to active your mobile banking code.
Activate your mobile banking code
Set a passcode
To keep your details secure you need to choose a five-digit passcode. You’ll need to enter your passcode every time you use your mobile banking app.
- Enter a five-digit passcode
- Confirm the number by entering the passcode again
Once you've set up a passcode you must select ‘Enter an activation code’.
Once you reach the ‘Verify your details’ screen, enter the eight-digit activation code which can be generated in Barclays One or by calling Wealth Client Services1 This activation code can only be used once and is valid for 24 hours. If you don’t use it within that time you’ll need to generate another one.
Enter your eight-digit activation code
- Enter and confirm the mobile phone number you used to obtain your activation code
- Carefully check that the details you have inserted are correct
- Carefully read through the terms and conditions
To link your mobile phone to the app, you will receive a text message containing a six-digit code. Leave the barclays mobile banking app and go to your text messages. The message sender shows as barclays. Make a note of the six-digit code.
- Log into the barclays mobile banking app
- Enter your five-digit passcode created earlier and tap “continue” on the link your mobile screen
- Enter the six-digit code we sent you via text message
- When you have entered the code, press “verify” to continue
You will receive confirmation that you have finished. Press continue to begin using the app