Looking for a personal loan? Check whether you’re eligible to apply for a Barclayloan – the details are below. Then use our Barclayloan calculator 1 to help you work out what you can afford. You could get your money instantly if you apply online 2
Use our calculator 5 to get an idea of what your repayments and interest rates could be. Your actual rates and repayments may differ, and will depend on several factors 1.
Loan amount (£):
Our lowest Barclayloan rate ever
51% of our customers who take out a Barclayloan online within the amounts shown are expected to get the Representative APR (or a lower APR). Your rate may differ.
What is the Representative Example?
The Representative Example is typical of the loan agreements we expect to enter into at the Representative APR and within the amounts shown.
Monthly repayment (£)
Total amount payable (£)
Representative APR applies to loans of 0 for applications made in January 2014
Other features of our Barclayloan personal loan:
- Price guarantee: Find a like-for-like loan with lower monthly repayments and we'll match it, and give you £50 3
- Rates are the same regardless of what you’re borrowing for
- Fixed monthly repayments to help you budget
- Log in to Online Banking to see whether you have a pre-selected loan limit, without affecting your credit rating
All loans are subject to status. Early repayment fees apply.
You may be eligible for a Barclayloan if you have:
- Held a Barclays current account for over 7 months
- Paid at least £1,000 into your account each month
- Managed your account well and have a good credit history (eg, you’ve not defaulted on previous loan)
If you’re not eligible, consider:
What you can use a Barclayloan for:
A Barclayloan can be used for almost any purpose. However, you can’t borrow for the following:
- Business reasons
- Investment purposes, including buying stocks and shares
- Other property finance, including purchases, part payment or deposits on purchases and property development – although home improvements are fine
- The repayment of CCJs or gambling debts
- As a deposit for something being purchased with money from another lender
How we work out the interest rate you’ll pay
The rate you’re offered is based on your personal circumstances, the loan amount and the repayment term. It may also vary based on whether you apply online, in a branch or over the phone. Interest is calculated daily on the outstanding loan balance.
Repaying your loan early
You can repay your loan early in full or in part at any time. In addition to any other interest that’s due, we will charge you a fee equal to 30 days’ interest, calculated on the amount being repaid for a partial repayment or on the amount you owe us where you repay in full. For more information, call 0800 716 598 4 or visit a branch.