Home improvement loan
Spruce up your property
Whether you’d like a new kitchen, en-suite bathroom, an extension – or simply want to give your lounge a new lease of life – our home improvement loans are designed to help you get more from your property.
All loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply.
- Have a builder’s quote? You could get a no-obligation price quote1
- A simple application and speedy money transfer2 mean work can start quickly
- Your personalised price quote won’t affect your credit score
4.9% APR Representative
on loans of
£7,500 – £15,000
over 2 – 5 years. (Your rate may differ3)
Resume an application
How much would you like to borrow?
You can use this calculator to gauge your loan rate and repayments.
The calculator results below are based on the representative APR for the amount you enter. Your actual rates and repayments may differ and will be based on your personal circumstances, the loan amount and term.
How much would you like to borrow?
Get an idea of your loan repayments and rates using our Premier Barclayloan calculator. The results will be based on the representative APR for the amount you enter. Your actual rates and repayments may differ and will be based on your personal circumstances, the loan amount and the repayment term. Loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply.
The same every month
Total amount payable
Loan required 0
Based on the details you entered
APR Representative based on a loan of
repayable over months at an interest rate of pa (fixed).
Monthly repayment of Total amount payable
Representative APR applies to loans of 0 0
How to apply
Find out the best way for you to apply for this loan.
If you bank with us, we could tell you your personal loan rate up front – just make sure you've read the information on this page before you apply.
Barclays current account holders
Other Barclays account holders
If you don't have a provisional loan offer, you could still get your personalised price quote. You'll need:
- A Barclays account – such as a Barclaycard1
Making your house a home
If you’ve just purchased your first property, or simply want to make the most of the space you have, here are some tips for you.
Adding value to your property
Home improvements can help cut your energy bills
There’s more for you to explore
Whether you’re looking for home improvement tips or other loan options, take a look at what we have on offer.
All borrowing is subject to status.
Our lending commitments and what we ask of you
1. Not everyone can apply for a Barclayloan, or view their personalised price quote or provisional loan limit online or in Barclays Mobile Banking – this is because certain restrictions apply. Please contact us to discuss your options.
2. If you apply online, and your application is approved, providing you can print or download your agreement, sign it online (between 7am and 10:30pm on any day), we'll send the money to your account straightaway. In most cases, it will show and be available within a couple of minutes. However, if you don't bank with one of the main UK high street banks, it can sometimes take up to a couple hours.
3. The rate you're offered may differ from the representative APR shown – and will be based on your personal circumstances, the loan amount and the repayment term. The Barclayloan advertised here is available over terms of between 2 to 5 years, with a maximum APR of 26.9%.
4. Lines are open Monday-Sunday 8am-9pm, and bank holidays 8am-6pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges .
5. Terms and conditions apply. You must have a Barclays current account, be aged 16 or over and have a mobile number to use Barclays Mobile Banking.
6. Although we make every effort to ensure the information and links are accurate, up to date and relevant, Barclays Bank PLC and its affiliates accept no responsibility for the accuracy of pages maintained by external providers or for any loss you may incur from using them. The general information and the links provided should not be regarded as advice or a recommendation by Barclays that you use or buy the services or products offered by other companies. By clicking on the links, you’ll be redirected to their websites.