Online and Mobile Banking Guarantee
When you use our Online Banking or Mobile Banking services, you're automatically protected by our Online and Mobile Banking Guarantee. This means that, if any money is taken from your account by a fraudster via these services we'll cover your loss – no matter how much money is taken from your account – as long as you've used them correctly.
Our promise to you
In the unlikely event that you fall victim to fraud, we guarantee to cover your loss, providing that:
- You haven't given your security details to someone else (including your Online Banking passcodes and memorable word, PINsentry codes, or your 5–digit passcodes for Barclays Mobile Banking or Barclays Pingit)
- The fraud wasn't caused by your use of an account aggregation service (a service provided by another company that allows you to view all of your bank accounts on a single website)
- You haven’t sent us incorrect payment instructions
- You've taken reasonable care when using Online Banking and Mobile Banking (such as logging off at the end of each session and not leaving your computer or mobile unattended while you’re logged in)
- You let us know as soon as possible of any security breach, including potential breaches
- You haven’t acted fraudulently
- You've complied with the security requirements outlined in the terms and conditions for your account or for our online and mobile banking services
Are there any limits to what we can refund under the guarantee?
We can only refund the amount that’s fraudulently taken from your account by a third party. We can't be held responsible for any consequential losses.