Our Best ISAs
Our current cash ISAs
Here are the cash ISAs you can currently open. You may find that previous cash ISAs have different interest rates.
- Invest up to £15,240 in the 2016/17 tax year 2
- Designed to be held for the long term (5-10 years)
- No minimum investment
- Offered by Barclays Stockbrokers
- Access your money online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
The value of investments and any income they produce can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. Tax rules can change, Their effects on you depend on your individual circumstances.
More ways to save
If a cash ISA isn't what you're looking for, we have other options for you to consider.
For cash ISAs, applicants must be resident in the UK for tax purposes. ISA rules may change. You must not have subscribed to another cash ISA or used your total annual ISA allowance in a stocks and shares ISA and/or an innovative finance ISA, during the same tax year.
Instant Cash ISA – Issue 1: to hold a cash ISA, you must be aged 16 years or over. Open with £1, or £0 for transfers-in.
Flexible Cash ISA – Issue 13: to hold a Flexible Cash ISA, you must be 18 years old. 3 withdrawals permitted, for up to 10% of the current balance each time. Rates are shown for end-of-term option. You can transfer-in up to 30 days from opening the ISA, and make additional payments up to your annual allowance each tax year throughout the term of the Flexible Cash ISA. Transfers-out are allowed before the maturity date, but only in full, or you can close your account early. Closures and transfers-out carry a charge of 180 days tax-free interest based on the balance at the time. For insufficient earned or accrued interest, the charge is taken from account funds and you could get back less than you deposited. These charges won’t apply if you are within your 14-day cancellation period or in cases of death and bankruptcy.
Instant Cash ISA – Issue 1 and Flexible Cash ISA – Issue 13 are limited offers that may be withdrawn at any time. Terms and conditions apply.
Funds withdrawn from your cash ISA can be replaced in the same tax year without counting towards your annual ISA allowance. Please note that the tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year.
1. Tax-free: indicates that interest is exempt from UK income tax provided all ISA conditions are met. The level and basis of tax can change and the value of tax relief depends on your personal circumstances. AER (Annual Equivalent Rate) illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
2. Your ISA allowance for the 2016/2017 tax year is £15,240. Annual allowances are subject to review and the government’s favourable treatment of ISAs may change.
3. Online, mobile and telephone banking are only available to Barclays current account holders who are registered for these services.