Why Online Banking?
Do your banking in your own time, when it suits you – with no queues, no need to book appointments and no closing hours.
Online Banking is a safe, secure and easy way to access your accounts and manage your money. And when you use it, you’ll automatically be protected against fraud through our Online Banking Guarantee
We’ve designed Online Banking to be easy to use, and there’s plenty of support and advice every step of the way through our help pages.
What can I do?
Online Banking lets you do your day-to-day banking and more:
- See all your accounts and balances in one place
- Check and download your statements
- Transfer money and pay bills
- Make daily international payments
- Manage Direct Debits and standing orders
- Get Text Alerts to confirm online payments and keep track of your money
- Use tools to stay on top of your finances and plan savings goals
- Securely upload and store documents with Barclays Cloud It 1
How do I register?
To use Online Banking you’ll need a computer with an internet connection and a compatible browser
To register, follow these 4 steps:
1. Enter your surname, date of birth, postcode, sort code, your debit or cash card number and your email address
2. Check and confirm that the details you’ve entered are correct
3. Wait for us to send your membership number and 5-digit passcode – then use them to log in to Online Banking
4. Open the ‘Account services’ menu at the top of the page and select ‘Upgrade PINsentry card reader under ‘Customise my account’
If you’re already registered but can’t remember your membership number or passcode, it’s easy to retrieve them online
How do I pay someone for the first time?
Just select the ‘Make a payment’ link once you’ve logged in and follow the steps on the page. To help make it as straightforward as possible, all the information you’ll need is right there on the page. Once you’ve paid someone for the first time, you can save their details to make it even faster next time.
1. Terms, conditions and other restrictions apply. You must be a Barclays customer registered for online banking to use Barclays Cloud It.