Making international payments
It’s important to have an efficient method of making international payments.
Our payment options allow you to choose the method that best suits the way you and your business works.
Find out more about making international payments using Online Banking
Barclays International Payments Service (BIPS)
This is the fastest and most secure way of making international business transfers. BIPS lets you send funds electronically, to practically any destination in the world. Funds are transmitted bank-to-bank with no limit to the amount.
- Secure and reliable with clear service standards
- Process support to ensure transactions run smoothly
- A choice of 2 service levels – standard (for less time-critical transactions) and priority (for urgent payments)
Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA) Credit Transfer
A cost-effective alternative to traditional international payments, a SEPA Credit Transfer lets you make non-urgent euro payments to countries in the EEA (European Economic Area).
A SEPA credit transfer is guaranteed to be in the beneficiary’s account the next working day when supplied with a SWIFTBIC and IBAN number and received by Barclays before the relevant processing cut-off times.
A traditional, paper-based alternative to electronic payments, international drafts allow you to place the funds directly into the hands of the recipient – useful when you don’t have their bank details.
- Gives you flexibility if electronic payments can’t be made
- Available at short notice and widely accepted
- Available for any amount in most currencies
- Can be drawn from most of our branches and worldwide partners
You can also fax your international payment instructions directly to our payments team if you have an authentication device.
- A secure method of payment authorisation from the convenience of your office
- Immediate notification of payments via your fax machine
- Available for Priority and Standard BIPS and SEPA Credit Transfers
- For payments in sterling and all freely traded currencies
- £50 set-up fee for using FaxPay