Business current account
Switch to Barclays for a fresh approach to business banking
Moving your business bank account to Barclays is easy, and will give you tools to help run your business effectively, such as a choice of clear Price Plans and our Loyalty Reward to help you save on your account charges.
Move your banking to Barclays and you’ll benefit from:
- Support and guidance from your Business Banking telephone team with our Service Guarantee
- A choice of 2 straightforward Price Plans that you can switch between to enjoy the charging structure designed around how your business makes and takes payments
- Our Loyalty Reward, which gives you back more of your account charges the longer you bank with us
- The flexibility to manage your account online, by phone, in branch or using the Barclays Mobile Banking app 3
- Get paid instantly using just your mobile number with Barclays Pingit 4
This is our promise to you:
- Our Business Banking telephone team aims to resolve every query straight away
- If your query can’t be settled there and then, you’ll be given a named point of contact who will take personal responsibility for looking into the query and making sure you’re kept informed until it’s resolved
- Free consultations with an accountant, marketing professional and solicitor
- Barclays Cloud It – our secure online document storage and management service
Rates and charges
When moving your account to Barclays, you have the choice of 2 simple Price Plans:
- Mixed Payments Plan – designed for business that mainly use cash, cheques or a range of ways to make and receive payments
- e–Payments Plan – designed for businesses that receive electronic payments and make payments mainly through Online Banking and debit cards
|Mixed Payments Plan||e-Payments Plan|
|Electronic payments (in or out)||£0.35 per transaction||Free|
|Cash payments (in or out)||£0.90 per £100||£1.50 per £100|
|Cheques and assisted payments (in or out)||£0.65 per transaction||£1.50 per transaction|
|ATM cash out and electronic internal transfer||Free||Free|
|Monthly account fee||£6.00||£6.50|
For more information on our charges, download our
Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet 240 KB
Price Plan Selector
Want a little more help to choose the Price Plan that's right for your business? Use our Price Plan Selector
Price Plan Guarantee
The way your business makes and receives payments can change over time. To make sure you’re always on the plan that offers you the best deal, we’ll carry out a review each year.
We’ll contact you if we think a different plan could save you money, and move you on to that plan unless you tell us otherwise. However, if you think another plan would suit your needs better, you can move whenever you like – just let us know.
Loyalty Reward is our way of rewarding you for being our customer by paying you back a proportion of the charges we apply to your current account on a monthly basis.
The table below shows the percentage of your bank charges you could get back the longer you bank with us.
|Length of time your business banks with us|
|Under 1 year||Under 5 years||Under 15 years||Over 15 years|
|Annual credit turnover||Up to £99,999.99||0%||5%||10%||15%|
|£100k to £249,999.99||5%||10%||15%||20%|
|£250k to £499,999.99||10%||15%||20%||25%|
|£500k to £1,999,999||15%||20%||25%||30%|
|£2m and over||25%||30%||40%||50%|
For more information on how our Loyalty Reward works, download our Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet 240 KB 6
How to apply
We’ve made moving your existing business current account to us as quick, easy and safe as possible. All you need to do is book an appointment with a Barclays Business Manager, who’ll setup your account and get everything switched over in just 7 working days.
To book an appointment, call us on 0800 515 462 1.
Tell me more about the Current Account Switch Guarantee
What you will need for your Barclays Business Manager meeting
To make sure we get everything taken care of as quickly as possible, please make sure you have the following details available for your meeting.
- Business name, contact details, nature of business and legal status
- Business start date (if applicable), turnover and any funding requirements
- Incorporation details, if a limited company
- Name and address
- Time at current address, and previous address details if under 3 years
- Existing bank account details
- Country, city and date of birth, and country of nationality and residence
Price Plan Selector
To make things simple, you have 2 Price Plans to choose from, e-Payments Plan and Mixed Payments Plan, both designed around the way your business makes and receives payments.
The Price Plan Selector has been designed to help you choose a plan for the way you do your business.