Children's bank account - BarclayPlus
An account for 11 to 15-year-olds
Get easy access to your money and tiered interest rates to help you save1.
- Save and earn interest on your money
- Track your money with Barclays Mobile Banking
- Personalise your debit card with your favourite photo
What you get
- You only need £1 to open an account
- Earn 0.50% interest on your account1
- Pay money straight into your account – and start saving your money
Bank your way
Make it yours
- Make your debit card unique with your favourite photo
- Add images to your Barclays Mobile Banking app
- Choose a cash card or a contactless debit card2
Withdraw up to £50 a day from cash machines
Shop in store or online, and withdraw up to £300 a day from cash machines2
What you need to apply
To open an account for you, we need to confirm who you are and where you live – these need to be original documents and not photocopies.
To confirm who you are we need 1 of the following
- Your own passport (not a parent or guardian’s)
- European Union National Identity Card
If you don’t have either of these, you can ask your parent or guardian to prove your identity with a birth or adoption certificate and an NHS medical card.
To confirm where you live we need 1 of the following
- A parent or guardian’s household bill
- A parent or guardian’s bank statement (that’s less than 3 months old).
Banking terms explained
For parents, carers and guardians
Apply in branch
Visit your local branch to apply for a BarclayPlus account – don’t forget to bring your proof of ID and address with you.
Get in touch
If you’ve got a question about our BarclayPlus account, there are many ways to get in touch.
Please don’t share any account information during your chat.
Tweet us a question @BarclaysUKHelp and we’ll respond within 2 hours.
There's more to explore
Bank on your phone or tablet
There’s a Barclays Mobile Banking app specially designed for your BarclayPlus account – all you need is your smartphone or tablet.
LifeSkills - for your future
Learn skills you’ll need in the future with our range of tools, tips and interactive learning modules.