What factors do lenders consider when making credit decisions?
To ensure that they lend responsibly, organisations will consider a range of factors when they decide whether to accept an application. So although you may have a good credit rating, this doesn't always guarantee a positive outcome from a lending decision.
Other factors may include:
- Your record of managing credit from your profile
- Information the organisation already holds about you
- What you earn and your current credit commitments to consider your affordability
- Your circumstances when you apply, eg, details about your employment
- Terms of your application: which could include how much you want to borrow and what for