Barclays Identity Service for GOV.UK Verify
From 23 March 2021, we’re no longer providing the GOV.UK Verify service. Here, we answer some questions you might have.
Our contract with Government Digital Services ended so we’re no longer offering the GOV.UK Verify service on behalf of the government.
We have your
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Information from your identity document (such as passport or driving license number, date of issue and expiry date)
- Account activity history from when you created your profile
No, we’ll destroy all records we have of your personal information on 23 March 2021.
We’ll only keep a record of your account activity history, as the government requires that we keep this information securely for seven years. This information is anonymous and can’t be used to identify you.
No – the service is free so there’s nothing to refund.
No, because we’re no longer providing this service on behalf of the government.
No, because your profile won’t exist from 23 March 2021.
- Go to a GOV.UK website that you use
- Choose the ‘GOV.UK Verify’ option on the log-in page
- Follow the instructions to create your new identity profile.
You could also choose to use another identity provider that provides this service on behalf of the government.