Audio Accessible PINsentry Card Reader
Log in to Online Banking with a speaking PINsentry
We’ve created an accessible PINsentry card reader to help you access your Online Banking account.
- It’s larger than a standard device, so it’s easier to hold
- It has a bigger screen and ergonomic key pad
- You can use headphones or the built-in speaker
Your PINsentry card reader
Here’s how to use it
- Switch it on by scrolling the volume dial until it clicks, and then insert your bank card
- If you’re somewhere private you can use the built-in speaker, but for added privacy in public places we recommend using headphones
- Pressing an alpha key on the card reader will make the reader say the name of the key, or it will beep if there’s an error, or it might prompt you for more information
- To keep your details secure when using the PINsentry without headphones, number keys won’t be read out. They will beep instead. The 5 key has 2 raised dots to help you find your way around the key pad
- Always wait for the PINsentry to make a sound before pressing another key – as keys pressed during the voice prompts will not be recognised
What’s good to know
- The accessible PINsentry doesn’t ever need to be connected to your computer. It works completely independently, based on your card and the information you enter into it
- Your accessible PINsentry is battery powered and does not need to be plugged in. The battery should last for 2 or 3 years
- If you enter your PIN incorrectly 3 times in a row, your PIN will lock and you won't be able to use your card. Discover how to unlock your PIN
Here’s how to get one
Call us to request an accessible PINsentry on 0345 600 2323 (outside the UK dial +44 2476 842063 1).
If you’d like to know more, you can download our guides2.