Audio Accessible PINsentry Card Reader
Log in to Online Banking with a speaking PINsentry
We’ve created an accessible PINsentry card reader to help you access your Online Banking account.
- It’s larger than a standard device, so it’s easier to hold
- It has a bigger screen and ergonomic key pad
- You can use headphones or the built-in speaker
Your PINsentry card reader
Here’s how to use it
- Switch it on by scrolling the volume dial until it clicks, and then insert your bank card
- If you’re somewhere private you can use the built-in speaker, but for added privacy in public places we recommend using headphones
- Pressing an alpha key on the card reader will make the reader say the name of the key, or it will beep if there’s an error, or it might prompt you for more information
- To keep your details secure when using the PINsentry without headphones, number keys won’t be read out. They will beep instead. The 5 key has 2 raised dots to help you find your way around the key pad
- Always wait for the PINsentry to make a sound before pressing another key – as keys pressed during the voice prompts will not be recognised
What’s good to know
- The accessible PINsentry doesn’t ever need to be connected to your computer. It works completely independently, based on your card and the information you enter into it
- Your accessible PINsentry is battery powered and does not need to be plugged in. The battery should last for 2 or 3 years
- If you enter your PIN incorrectly 3 times in a row, your PIN will lock and you won't be able to use your card. Discover how to unlock your PIN
Here’s how to get an accessible PINsentry
The quickest way to order an accessible PINsentry is using ‘Chat’ in our app. Or, you can call us on 0345 734 5345 or +44 24 7684 21001 if you’re outside the UK. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 7am to 8pm, and from 9am to 5pm at weekends.
Find out more about how our app supports accessibility needs. Our app also has a mobile PINsentry feature that means you don’t have to carry a device.
If you don’t already have the app, tap the logo you need and it’ll take you straight to the app store.2
If you’d like to know more, you can download our guides3.