Ukrainian refugees needing an account
We’re ready to help
Our team are ready to do all we can to help you open an account. Find out more about our accounts.
Our aim is to make this as simple as possible for you during this very difficult time.
How can I open an account?
I want to open my account through the app – what do I need to know?
We need to identify you with one of the following when opening an account via the app. Please have the relevant one to hand:
- Ukrainian passport
- UK and EU Passport
- UK and EU full driving licence
- UK provisional driving licence
Firstly, you need to download the app. Once you’ve downloaded the app:
- Click on “I’m new to Barclays”
- Apply for a Bank Account
- Tap “personal account”
- Select the relevant account
Follow the screens within the Barclays app which guide you through the various questions.
As you’re new to the UK, there are 2 questions to highlight:
When asked if you reside, work or pay tax in the UK – select yes
When asked for 3 years of address history, input your current UK address and then add your Ukrainian address in the previous address fields
A letter will be posted to your UK address within a week. When the letter arrives it will have a reference number with instructions how to input the number in the Barclays app. This will enable you to open an account.
I want to open my account in branch – what do I need to know?
Your local branch team will be ready to help, please bring the following with you.
We need to identify you with one of the following:
Valid Ukraine Passport and:
- Either UK Entry Clearance Visa for the Ukraine Scheme
- Or UK Visa Entry & Immigration Stamp (valid for 6 months)
Visa attached to Form for Affixing Visa (FAV) and:
- UK Biometric Residence Permit
We need to confirm where you’re living. If you’re being hosted, please visit us in branch with the host.
If the host banks with Barclays
We need a letter of introduction from them. The address we hold for the host must match the address in the letter.
If the host doesn't bank with Barclays
Proof of identity (e.g. passport or driving licence) and address must be provided. We also require your Host to write a letter introducing you.
The letter from your Host must contain the following information
- Addressed to Barclays
- Host’s full name and address
- Confirm if the Host is an existing Barclays customer
- Your full name and that you’re residing at the same address as the Host
- State how you are connected (e.g. a relative, friend, via a government ‘Homes for Ukraine Scheme’ or any other arrangement)
- Be signed and dated by the Host
If you’re not being hosted, we can accept the following documentation. If you don’t have any of these documents, please bring anything you do have to the branch and we’ll do our best to help you.
What’s included with a basic bank account?
- A Visa debit card or cash card
- Online Banking and Barclays app access
- Support in our network of branches across the UK
- Direct Debit or standing order payment options
- Regular statements and free Text Alerts to help you control your spending
- Cash machine withdrawal limit or up to £300 a day (if the money’s in your account)