The following provides details of the relevant registrations required to allow Barclays to proceed, based on the type of document you have.
Lasting Power of Attorney Property & Finance you'll need to check which type of LPA you have, which will be detailed on the first page of the document:
- Form LP1F Registration date and reference number at the bottom of page 1, together with OPG stamp on each page
- Form LPA117 Stamp, registration date and reference number at the top of page 1 with OPG stamp on each page
- Form LPA PA Stamp and registration date at the top of page 1 with OPG stamp on each page
Combined or Continuing Power of Attorney (Scottish PoA):
- Your Certificate of Registration along with:
- Paper copy embossed red seal on the first page and embossed on all subsequent pages, or:
- Electronic copy has the Scottish Government Crest watermark on each page
Enduring Power of Attorney (England & Wales) Registration not required if the Donor still has capacity. If the Donor has lost capacity, document must have OPG stamps on each page.
Enduring Power of Attorney (Northern Ireland) Registration not required if the Donor still has capacity. If the Donor has lost capacity, document must have Office of Care & Protection stamps on each page.
Ordinary Power of Attorney (also known as a General Power of Attorney) no stamps required.
Court of Protection Order (CoP) Original CoPs have an official date stamp at the top of the first page and a seal on the bottom right of each page.
Appointeeship: The Appointee needs either a letter from the benefits agency stating they are an Appointee, or a Form BF57, wi th an official stamp in the top right hand corner of the first page.
Guardianship Missing Persons Order (GMPO) Must have an Order number and an Order date detailed.