Barclays Basic Bank Account
Simple, free banking
Our Barclays Basic Current Account offers free, no-frills banking – and could be just what you’re looking for if you can’t open a regular current account.
- No monthly account fee
- Do your banking online, in branch or by phone
- Avoid overdraft fees and debt
What you get
You could get this account if you don't qualify for one of our other accounts and/or you have no bank current account in the UK.
Pay, transfer and withdraw money
- Choose between a Barclays Visa debit card or cash card
- Make payments by Direct Debit or standing order1
- Transfer money to other Barclays accounts online or by phone
- Withdraw up to £300 a day from cash machines if the money is in your account
Manage your account your way
- Manage your account online, with our app2 or in branch
- Get regular statements and free Text Alerts2 to help manage your spending
- Bank in more than 1,500 branches nationwide
- Personalise your account with one of our Packs3
Banking to suit you
- Straightforward banking with no frills
- A way to bank if you have difficulty opening a regular current account
- Features that help you keep tight control of your money
What isn't included
- An overdraft – so you’ll need to have enough money in your account before making payments
- A cheque book
- Barclays Blue Rewards
Account fees and charges
Day-to-day banking service charges
Other account services
Get in touch
If you’ve got a question about our Barclays Basic Current Account, there are many ways to get in touch.
Please don’t share any account information during your chat.
Tweet us a question @BarclaysUKHelp and we’ll respond within 2 hours.