Barclays Mobile Banking app
Manage your wealth on your mobile
Bank on our apps, pay with your phone and view your balance on your watch.
About the app
With the Barclays Mobile Banking app, you can:
- View your Barclays sterling balances in one place
- Make sterling payments to UK-based recipients or companies on your saved payee list
- Make international payments1
- Pay your contacts using your mobile
- Pay people you haven’t paid before
- Cancel Direct Debits
- Choose how to receive account statements
- Report a card as lost or stolen
- Personalise account names and add images
- Manage your daily cash withdrawal limit
You can also turn off remote purchases (they’re automatically switched to ‘on’ in the app). Remote purchases include:
- In-app purchases
- Internet purchases
- Telephone purchases
- Mail order
They don’t include:
- Direct Debits
- Recurring payments
Choose how to register
The quickest option is to use a verification code provided by Wealth Client Services on (+44 (0) 207 574 30012). You can also use a PINsentry3 device if you have one.
To be able to register, you’ll need:
- The latest version of our mobile banking app on your smart phone or tablet, downloaded from your app store
- An activation code, which you can get from Wealth Client Services
- To verify your account with the activation code using a PINsentry device or at a Barclays cash machine, or in branch
Set a passcode
To keep your details secure you need to choose a five-digit passcode. You’ll need to enter your passcode every time you use the app.
- Enter a five-digit passcode
- Confirm the number by entering the passcode again
Once you've set up a passcode, please choose to register with either an activation code or with PINsentry.
Your digital services
For more information about any of these services, or to get set up, call your Wealth Client Services team on +44 (0) 207 574 3001.2
Pay by Mobile
A quick, secure and easy way to make payments using only a UK mobile phone number. Use it to pay back friends without withdrawing cash, and to be paid back without sharing your account details.
A secure place for you to upload, store and manage your important documents. You don’t have to register – it appears automatically in your mobile banking app under ‘Tools’ or ‘Quick Links’.
Pay people and businesses, send money abroad and get paid – all on your mobile. All you need is a UK bank account, a UK-registered mobile phone and to download the Pingit app. It’s free, secure and fast.
View your balance at a glance of the wrist when you link your Barclays Mobile Banking app to your smartwatch. It’s available for those with a current account and the app, and includes an on-screen metre that makes it easier to keep track of your balance.
Mobile Cheque Imaging
Pay in Barclays cheques, with a value of £500 of less, through your app – just by taking a picture of it. You can deposit up to 4 cheques per week if you’re an individual, or 20 if you’re a business. You won’t be able to deposit Barclays cheques from closed branches, offshore or the Private Bank.
Please call our dedicated Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 7574 3001 for any assistance you need with our mobile banking app. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except 25 December when lines are closed.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, please call Wealth Client Services on +44 (0) 207 574 30012 to receive an activation code. Please see our guide for any assistance [PDF, 2.63MB].