Save whenever you want, for as long as you want, with instant access to your money.
- 0.05% AER/gross per year1 variable for balances of £1 to £10 million
- Instant access to your money – through online, mobile and telephone banking, in branch or with an optional ATM card2
- Open with £1
What is the interest rate?
Effective from 1 December 2016.
Gross per year %
Interest is calculated daily using your statement balance and is paid on the first working day of each month.
Can Barclays change the interest rate?
Yes, rates are variable. We can increase or decrease the interest rates for the reasons set out in our ‘Barclays and you’ booklet, which is available in branch, or you can read our Terms and conditions for Personal customers . Both also explain when we may change the interest rates, and the notice we’ll give you.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
Estimated value after a year
The estimated value is based on no change to the interest rate during 12 months and no withdrawals made.
How do I open and manage my account?
You can open an account online, in branch or over the phone. Please see the ‘How to apply’ section below for more details.
You can manage your account in branch, or using Online Banking, Barclays Mobile Banking or Telephone Banking – provided you’re registered.
You can open this account with £1 – the maximum balance is £10 million.
To apply for this account, you must:
- Be aged 16 or above
- Be resident in the UK for tax purposes
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you’ll have instant access to your money so you can make withdrawals.
- You can offset your savings account against your mortgage – but if you do, you won’t earn any interest on your savings
- You can have more than one Everyday Saver account at any given time in sole or joint names
- There’s an optional ATM card to withdraw up to £300 per day from our cash machines in the UK
How to apply
There are different ways to apply, depending on whether or not you bank with us.
Already bank with us?
You can apply online, in branch or by calling 0345 744 5445 3.
New to Barclays?
You can apply in branch with proof of ID and your address.
Register for Online Banking
Get quick and convenient access to your accounts.
Our Everyday Saver can help you manage your money
The Fairbanking Foundation have given our Everyday Saver a 4-star rating, which means it could improve your financial wellbeing. It helps you:
- Work out how much you can afford to save
- Set up personalised savings goals
- Find out how much you’ll need to save, and for how long
- Set up regular payments to your savings
- See how your savings are progressing – and how close you are to your savings goal
More ways to save
If the Everyday Saver isn't what you’re looking for, we have other options for you to consider.
Tax-free savings up to £20,000
An ISA is an Individual Savings Account – it allows you to save money in a tax-efficient way. Compare our ISAs to find one that’s right for you.
Put your money away for a fixed rate of return
If you’re serious about saving, you can lock your money in one of our bonds, and know exactly what interest it’ll earn.
Children’s Instant Saver
Start saving for their future today
Set aside savings for your children – as much as you want, whenever you want.