Blue Rewards Saver
A higher interest rate in months where you don’t dip into your savings
Get instant access to your money and a higher interest rate in the months where you don’t dip into your savings.
- Only available to Barclays Blue Rewards members
- 3.56% AER/3.50% gross p.a.2 in the months you don’t make any withdrawals
- 1.16% AER/1.15% gross2 in the months where you make one or more withdrawals
- Instant access to your money
- Open and manage your account using our app, Online Banking1, by phone or in a branch
- Open from £1 – if you want to save regularly you can set up a standing order
- Create a savings goal in the Barclays app and track your progress
Blue Rewards Saver
What is the interest rate?
Effective from 1 September 2023
Gross per year %
Higher interest rate is paid when no withdrawals have been made out of the account since the account was opened, in the case of the first month, or since interest was last paid into the account.
Lower interest rate is paid when one or more withdrawals have been made out of the account since the account was opened, in the case of the first month, or since interest was last paid into the account.
Interest is calculated daily using your statement balance and is paid on the first working day of each month.
The interest rate you will receive for each month depends on whether you have made any withdrawals from the Blue Rewards Saver account since the account was opened, in the case of the first month, or since interest was last paid into the account.
Can Barclays change the interest rate?
Yes, rates are variable. We can increase or decrease the interest rates for the reasons set out in our ‘Barclays and you’ booklet, which is available in branch, or you can read our Terms and conditions for Personal customers. Both also explain when we may change the interest rates, and the notice we’ll give you.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
Estimated value after a year
If no withdrawals are made every month
The amount above shows the balance on an initial deposit of £1,000 after 12 months where no withdrawals have been made from the account for the whole 12 months and with interest added to the account.
If a withdrawal is made every month
The amount above shows the balance on an initial deposit of £1,000 after 12 months where a £10 withdrawal has been made on the first day of each calendar month for 12 months (£120 total withdrawn) and with interest added to the account.
The projection provided is for illustrative purposes only and it does not take into account individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?
Account opening – to open a Blue Rewards Saver account, you must be a member of Barclays Blue Rewards. You can open an account in branch, online, mobile and by phone
Manage account – in branch, online, mobile and by phone
Eligibility criteria – you must be a Barclays Blue Rewards member, 18 years old or over, and resident in the UK
Minimum balance – £1
Maximum balance – £10 million
Can I withdraw money?
Yes. Where you make a withdrawal since the account was opened, in the case of the first month, or since interest was last paid into the account, interest will be payable at the lower Blue Rewards Saver rate for that particular month. If you think you will make regular monthly withdrawals, this product may not be the right savings product for you.
- You can offset your Blue Rewards Saver account in a Barclays offset mortgage. If you do, you won't earn any interest on your Blue Rewards Saver account
- You can have more than one Blue Rewards Saver account at any given time held either in sole or joint names. Where a Blue Rewards Saver account is held in joint names at least one of you will be a member of Barclays Blue Rewards
- You won't receive a monthly cash reward to your Blue Rewards Wallet for holding a Blue Rewards Saver account. Your existing monthly Blue Rewards are not impacted and these will continue to be paid into your Blue Rewards wallet
- If we, or you, cancel Barclays Blue Rewards, or for any other reason you cease to be a member of Barclays Blue Rewards, your Blue Rewards Saver account will be converted to the Barclays instant access savings account specified in our interest rate leaflet and on our website. Before doing so we'll contact you to tell you the terms that will apply to the Barclays instant access account unless you advise us otherwise
- To join and remain eligible for Barclays Blue Rewards, you will need to pay in at least £800 into your chosen current account every month and pay the monthly fee from your chosen current account. If you’d like to know more about Barclays Blue Rewards terms and conditions, the monthly fee and what you have to do to earn Barclays Blue Rewards, please visit barclays.co.uk/bluerewards
How to apply
You need to be a Barclays Blue Rewards member in order to open an account. If you are, there are different ways to apply, depending on whether or not you bank with us.
Register for Online Banking
Get quick and convenient access to open and manage your accounts.
More ways to save
If the Blue Rewards Saver isn’t what you’re looking for, we have other options for you to consider.
Rainy Day Saver
For Barclays Blue Rewards members only
Build an emergency fund with our best instant access rate on balances up to £5,000.
The Everyday Saver is ideal for balances that you plan to spend shortly. You can manage your budget by separating your savings from your day-to-day current account spending.
Fixed-rate savings bonds
If you’re serious about saving, grow your money with a fixed rate for a fixed term and know exactly how much interest you’ll earn.