Think you’ve been a victim of fraud?
Contact us right away if you’ve seen suspicious activity on your account. Here you’ll find the numbers you need, and the steps we’ll take.
Find the number you need
There are different numbers to call, depending on the type of fraud concern you have. If you’re unsure about any of the below numbers, you can run it through our telephone number checker.
- General fraud concerns 0345 050 4585*
- Fraud relating to your Barclaycard 0800 151 0900* or 0333 200 9090* (this number may cost less if you’re calling from a mobile)
- Fraud relating to digital safety 0345 600 2323 or +44 247 684 2063*+(use this if you’re outside the UK or using a mobile)
- Fraud relating to your Barclays Mobile Banking app 0333 200 1014*
- Fraud relating to your Pingit account 0333 200 1012*
- Fraud relating to your debit card 0800 3891 652*or +44 160 452 9410* (use this if you’re outside the UK or using a mobile)
- If you’ve received a suspicious email, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org and then delete it immediately.
The next steps
Once you’ve reported any fraud to us, we’ll usually refund your account straightaway – provided you haven’t acted fraudulently, or without reasonable care.
We’ll send you a form to confirm the transactions that you say are fraudulent. You’ll need to sign and return the form to us so we can investigate what’s happened.
If we don’t receive the forms within 28 days, we’ll assume that you’re not proceeding with your claim – any refund we’ve already given will be taken back out of your account.
You may also be interested in
Need to visit a branch? To find your nearest one, enter your address, town or postcode in our finder.
Phone number checker
Unsure if a phone number is genuine?
You can use this tool to check numbers from many Barclays departments that make outbound calls or send communications.
Our Online and Mobile Banking Guarantee
Feel safe when banking online. Find out how our guarantee works to protect you and your money from fraud – plus what you can do to help.