Key features and benefits
We've designed this mortgage to be flexible – you choose the length of the term and the type of interest rate.
Any property used as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. Agricultural mortgages are subject to application and status.
Capital repayment holiday
Option to take an interest–only period of up to 12 months2.
Choose a variable or fixed rate
Fixed interest rates available from 1 to 10 years.
Choose your mortgage loan term over a period of 1 to 25 years.
How to apply
To find out more, or if you want to apply for a mortgage, speak to a Regional Agricultural Manager at a branch.
To find out whether you're eligible for a commercial mortgage, you’ll need to provide the following.
- Three full years' audited or certified accounts plus current management figures (if produced)
- Two months' bank statements*
- Assets and liabilities statement
- Last three months' payslips and latest P60 (employees only)
What you need to know
- Borrow up to 80% of the value of farm buildings or land
- Choose repayments to suit your business cashflow, either monthly, quarterly or annually
- If you take the interest-only period, interest will be charged to your current account
- Choose a variable or fixed-interest rate, with the option to change your selection during the mortgage term
- Fixed rate terms are available from 1 to 10 years
- Lending fees and associated borrowing costs apply and can be added to the loan
- Prepayment fees may apply if you repay all or part of your loan before the expiry of the agreed term
- For fixed rate loans, if you decide to pay early or cancel the fixed interest rate, you may have to pay breakage cost in addition to other fees such as prepayment fees
Ready to apply or want to find out more?
Call us on 0800 515 462. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm3.
Commercial mortgages built around you
Whether you need to buy a new building or release equity from your existing one, a commercial mortgage could be the answer4.
Property finance and investment
Talk to our expert team about your property development and property investment needs. We offer a wide range of financial support options 5.
Boost your business with secured or unsecured options
Unsecured loans available up to £25,000, or secured over this amount, if you want to expand, invest in equipment or borrow working capital.