You can apply for a loan if your business
- Is based in the UK
- Has been negatively affected by the coronavirus situation
- Was established on or before 1 March 2020
- Is not in bankruptcy, liquidation or undergoing debt restructuring
The following businesses aren’t eligible to apply
- Banks, insurers and reinsurers (but not insurance brokers)
- Public-sector bodies
- State-funded primary and secondary schools
If you’re not eligible, get in touch with your usual Business Banking contact to talk about borrowing options that could be right for you.
We’re no longer able to offer you a Bounce Back Loan if you’re operating your business through accounts with other banks. To apply for a Bounce Back Loan with us, you’ll need to be a Barclays Business customer, or have a personal current account with us that was opened on or before 1 March 2020. You’ll also need to provide proof that your business was trading through that personal account on or before that date and be able to provide the additional documents on this list.
If you do run your business through accounts with another bank, please contact them to discuss applying for a Bounce Back Loan.
You can apply up to 31 January 2021.
- Businesses from all sectors can apply for a facility
- Interest rate fixed at 2.5%
- No principal repayments for the first 12 months
- No set up or application fees
- No early repayment fees
- No personal guarantees are allowed, and no recovery action can be taken over a principal private residence or principal private vehicle
- You’re responsible for repaying 100% of the loan. Where default occurs, we follow our standard commercial recovery procedures (including the realisation of security) before we make a claim against the government's guarantee for any shortfall. Loans are available to most business sectors, but restrictions apply
- Term extensions to ten years will be available as part of a flexible repayment plan (subject to application) – we’ll update this page when we have more information
You can apply to borrow up to 25% of your turnover in the 2019 calendar year, up to a maximum of £50,000.
If your business was established after 1 January 2019, you should apply the 25% to your estimated annual turnover from the date you started your business.
Before you apply please read this important information.
You may be able to apply to refinance existing Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans, the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loans, or Covid Corporate Financing Facility loans into a Bounce Back Loan. Eligibility criteria apply.
We'll soon be contacting customers who could be affected to discuss this option.
Bounce Back Loan scheme top-ups
If you didn’t borrow the maximum amount you're eligible for under the Bounce Back Loan Scheme, you may be able to apply for a top-up. This could enable you to increase your loan to 25% of the annual turnover stated in your original Bounce Bank Loan application, up to a maximum of £50,000.
To apply for a top-up, please log in to Online Banking, go to ‘Product and services’ and select ‘Business loans’.