Foreign currency account
What we can offer to you
Reduce your exposure to exchange-rate fluctuations and simplify international payments, whether you’re importing or exporting.
Why open a currency account?
Accounts are available in over 20 currencies freely traded in London, with no minimum balance.
- Reduce exposure to exchange-rate fluctuations
- Reduce admin and foreign-exchange costs
- No need to transfer funds to a sterling account
- Euro and US and Canadian dollar transactions settled on the same day, other currencies in 2 working days
- 24/7 access in Online or Telephone Banking or with the Barclays app
Other services that may interest you
Foreign currency savings accounts
Savings accounts to suit your business
Got foreign currency you’re not using? Avoid the hassle of exchanging it and save it instead – you could earn interest.
Everything you need to take your business worldwide
Get free insights into local markets and save on costs with exclusive discounts. Plus, tools and services designed to keep your business banking quick and easy.
Guide to importing
What you need to know about importing
From cost savings to competitive advantages, here are 5 reasons why importing could be a good idea.
Guide to exporting
What you need to know about exporting
From reaching more customers to increasing your turnover, here are 10 reasons why exporting could benefit your business.