Tips to help your customers pay your business correctly
Here are some tips to help your customers and business partners send payments to your business correctly:
- Use your full legal or ‘trading as’ name on invoices
- Tell your customers if the name you registered with us is a shortened version of your business name – we’ll only recognise the name we have registered
- Your customers shouldn’t shorten your business name, or just use initials
- Only your full legal or trading name should be in the ‘account name’ field, not other information like what the payment’s for, or the bank name
- They should select that they’re paying a business account, not a personal account.