I don’t know what this transaction is
If you think a transaction is fraudulent
Report a fraudulent transaction by calling the number on the back of your Barclays card, or by using ‘Direct call’ from the home screen in your Barclays app.
Is this an online payment, Direct Debit or standing order?
Is the transaction you have a problem with is a payment to someone else made in Online Banking or using your Barclays app, or a Direct Debit or standing order (such as a regular bill payment)? Then call the telephone number on the back of your Barclays card or use ‘Direct call’ from the home screen in your Barclays app.
If you don’t recognise this transaction, it could be because it’s for
- A retailer that uses a different name when it takes money from your account
- A joint account – another account holder may have made this transaction
- A recurring transaction (other than a Direct Debit or standing order) you agreed to in an app or for an online service, or that was activated after a free trial you signed up for expired
- An online transaction made using the wrong account details. You can look up the destination bank online using its sort code from the transaction details and contact it directly for help
- An international transaction, where the amount taken from your account is different from that you originally expected, due to changes in the exchange rate
- The wrong amount for a genuine transaction. If you think this might have happened, please contact the retailer or person you paid, before contacting us
- A ‘pending’ transaction – one that’s ready to be taken from your account, but may take a few days to be fully processed. We can’t help with pending transactions – you’ll need to wait until it’s been processed.
Still don’t recognise this transaction?
If this doesn’t help you identify the transaction, then contact our fraud team. You can do this using ‘Direct call’ from the home screen in your Barclays app, or by calling the telephone number on the back of your Barclays card.
I know what this debit card transaction is, but there’s a problem
If you know what this debit card transaction is for, but still have a problem that the retailer or company can’t or won’t put right, then contact us. First, make a note of the
- Retailer or company name
- Transaction date
- Transaction amount.
Then you can report a problem using either the Barclays app or Online Banking.
The Barclays app
- Log into the Barclays app and tap the transaction you need help with
- Then tap ‘Don’t recognise this’
- Now select the FAQ titled ‘I know what this debit card transaction is, but there’s a problem’ and tap ‘Report a problem’
- Log in to Online Banking using the button at the top of this page
- Select the account the transaction was made in, and scroll to the bottom of the list of transactions – then select the button labelled ‘Help with a transaction’
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and select the ‘Report a problem’ button