Over 50s Life Assurance
Over 50’s Life Assurance provided by Aviva
Barclays no longer offers Over 50’s life assurance, however you may already have a policy* which you took out through Barclays in the past and is provided by Aviva.
How your policy works*
- Over 50’s Life Assurance is a whole of life policy which pays out a guaranteed cash lump sum when you die which could be used as a gift for your loved ones after you’ve gone or to help towards funeral costs.
- You pay a fixed monthly premium and provided you keep paying it for your premium term, or until you die if earlier, a fixed cash sum will be paid out when you die.
- Your premiums and level of cover (known as the sum assured) are guaranteed, so they will never change regardless of how long you live, providing you reassurance that you have cover for the rest of your life.
- It is important you know, depending on how long you live, the total premiums you pay may be more than the fixed cash sum Aviva pay out.
- This is not a savings product and has no cash in value so if you cancel your plan or stop paying your premiums during the premium term, your life cover will end and you won’t get anything back.
- The Over 50’s Life Assurance plan can be put in Trust. Anyone thinking of using a trust or doing anything under the provisions of a trust should seek the advice of their own legal and/or financial advisors.
If you have an Over 50’s Life Assurance policy and would like to discuss this please contact Aviva
- For general enquires please contact –0800 158 3066 (Lines open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 8:30am-5pm, Sunday 10am-4pm)
- For claims please contact 0800 015 1142 (Lines open 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 8am-2pm, Sunday -Closed