Over 50s' life assurance
Over 50s’ life assurance, provided by Aviva
We no longer offer over 50s’ life assurance, but you may still have an active policy that you took out through us and is provided by Aviva.
About your policy
Over 50s' life assurance was a whole-of-life policy, designed to pay out a guaranteed cash lump sum when you die. It can be used, for example, as a gift for your loved ones, or to help towards funeral costs. It’s not a savings product and has no cash-in value.
Here’s how it works
- You make a fixed monthly payment and, provided you keep up your payments for your whole term (or until you die, if earlier), Aviva will pay out a fixed cash sum when you die
- Your monthly payments and level of cover (known as the sum assured) are guaranteed. This means they’ll never change and you’ll be covered for the rest of your life – regardless of how long that might be
- Depending on how long you live, it’s possible that the total of all your monthly payments will be more than the cash sum Aviva pays out when you die
- You can put your policy in trust – we recommend you seek independent legal and/or financial advice first
- If you cancel your plan or stop making your monthly payments during the policy term, your cover will end and you won’t get anything back
If you have an over 50s’ life assurance policy
To discuss your policy or to make a claim, please contact Aviva.
0800 158 3066
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8.30am to 5pm, Sunday 10am to 4pm1.
0800 015 1142
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 8am to 2pm1.