Barclays Video Banking
We like to put a face to a name
Use Video Banking to manage your money from just about anywhere.
It’s simple, secure, and available 24/7 – plus it’s all face to face.
What is Video Banking?
Video Banking lets you chat to us face to face from your phone or tablet. It’s easy to use, completely secure and you can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It’s available in your Barclays app1 on an Apple or Android device. You’ll need good Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G coverage though2.
We’ll check your identity on the call before discussing your accounts and personal information – just as we would in person or over the phone. If you use PINsentry, it’ll help if you have your card reader to hand.
What can I use it for?
You can use Video Banking to talk to us securely about any of the following.
We’re constantly adding services, so if you want to talk about something that’s not listed here, please still get in touch and we may be able to help anyway.
- Open a current account
- Open a savings account
- Make a payment to another account
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Set up or cancel standing orders and Direct Debits
- International payments
- Update or change your details with us
- Add someone to, or remove someone from, your account
- Customise your account
- Switch your current account to us in 7 days
- Open a Young Person’s Account
- Open a BarclayPlus Account
- Open an additional current account
- Open a student account, including for higher apprentices
- Loan applications and management
- Personal overdraft applications, management or removal
- Barclaycard apps
- Mortgage agreements in principle (AiP)
- Speedy registration for your Barclays app and Pingit
- Join Barclays Blue Rewards
- Bond maturity instruction
- Close an account (if the balance is £0)
- Order a chequebook or paying-in book
- Manage existing power of attorney (POA) or third-party access (TPA) accounts
- Report suspected fraud
- Cancel a continuous payment authority
- Request a Direct Debit refund (indemnity claim)
- Make a complaint
- Raise a dispute
- Talk to us about a refund
How do I use it?
After you’ve got the Barclays Video Banking app, you’ll need to:
1. Log in to your main Barclays app.
2. Go to ‘Contact us’.
3. Select ‘Video Call’.
4. Tap ‘Go to Barclays Video Banking’.
5. Tap ‘Open’.
6. Read and accept the terms and conditions.
7. Tap ‘Start Video Call’.