Barclays Video Banking
We like to put a face to a name
Use Video Banking to manage your money from just about anywhere.
It’s simple, secure, and available 24/7 – plus it’s all face to face.
What is Video Banking?
Video Banking lets you chat to us face to face from your phone or tablet. It’s easy to use, completely secure and you can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We’ll check your identity on the call before discussing your accounts and personal information – just as we would in person or over the phone. If you use PINsentry, it’ll help if you have your card reader to hand.
What can I use it for?
You can use Video Banking to talk to us securely about any of the following.
We’re constantly adding services, so if you want to talk about something that’s not listed here, please still get in touch and we may be able to help anyway.
- Open or close current and savings accounts
- Switch your current account to us in seven days
- Open or switch to a Student Additions Account*
- Open a Young Person’s Account
- Open a BarclayPlus Account
- Personal overdraft application and management
- Barclaycard application
- Mortgage agreement in principle
- Register for your Barclays app and Pingit
- Join Barclays Blue Rewards
- Loan application and management
- Manage existing power of attorney (POA) or third-party access (TPA) accounts
- Report suspected fraud
- Make a complaint or raise a dispute
- Talk to us about a refund
- Bond maturity instruction
- Update your details including address change
*You need to have been banking with us for at least three months. Terms, conditions and eligibility criteria apply.
How do I use it?
After you’ve got the Barclays Video Banking app, you’ll need to
1. Log in to the Barclays app
2. Choose ‘Contact us’
3. Select ‘Video Call’
4. Tap ‘Go to Barclays Video Banking’
5. Choose ‘Open’
6. Read our terms and conditions and accept them if you agree
7. Tap ‘Start video call’
If you don’t see the ‘Video call’ option in the Barclays app, visit this page again in a browser on your smartphone or tablet and tap ‘Make a video call’.
Things you need to know
If you’re using the Barclays Video Banking Service (“the service”) via the Barclays app (the “app”) outside the United Kingdom, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, you should ensure you comply with any laws or regulations that apply to you in the place where you are accessing the service from.
If you bank with us already, these terms apply in addition to those contained in your account agreement with us (or any similar agreement), and will take priority if there is any contradiction between them. “We”, “us” or “our” means Barclays Bank UK PLC.
Your download of the service is subject to any rules or policies applied by any app store provider or operator from whose site you downloaded the app. You must not download the app from anywhere other than a store approved by us, or install or use it on a jail-broken or rooted device.
The service uses software under license by Vidyo, Inc. We grant you a license to use the service and the software for your personal use only. You can’t transfer the license to any other person or entity.
You must not use the service in any unlawful manner or for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to restrict your access to the service. We may make an audio recording of the conference to check your instructions, and for quality and training purposes, but we won’t record visual images.