Changes to FSCS cover
FSCS deposit protection limit
Your savings are protected by the FSCS – the UK’s independent deposit protection scheme. Find out about the most recent changes to your cover.
What is it and what’s changed?
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors are covered by the scheme.
- From 30 January 2017, the FSCS will protect your eligible deposits with Barclays Bank PLC up to a total of £85,000
- Any deposits you have above £85,000 are unlikely to be covered
- For further details, please download our FSCS information sheet
This limit is applied to the total of any deposits you have with the following:
- Barclays Bank
- Barclays Business
- Barclays Capital
- Barclays Corporate
- Barclays UK & Ireland Private Bank
- Barclays International Private Banking
- Barclays Premier, Barclays Private Bank
- Barclays Stockbrokers
- Barclays Wealth
- Woolwich Mortgages
Any total deposits you hold above the limit between these brands are unlikely to be covered.
Additional cover information
The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors are covered by the scheme.
General limit of protection
Your eligible deposits held at the same bank, building society or credit union are added up in order to determine the coverage level.
From 30 January 2017, the FSCS will protect most eligible deposits up to a total of £85,000. Any deposits you have above the limit are unlikely to be covered.
Limit of protection for joint accounts
Temporary high balances
Exclusions from protection