Your mortgage appointment
How to prepare for your discussion
Find out which documents you'll need, get a preview of what we’ll discuss with you and discover what happens after your appointment.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Ready for your appointment?
Before your appointment, you need to complete an Agreement in Principle (AiP) . An AiP tells you whether we’d be willing to lend you the amount you want – you can do it online within minutes and it won’t affect your credit score.
Once you have your AiP and have booked your appointment, it’s time to start gathering the documents you’ll need to provide.
Documents you’ll need to provide
Your mortgage adviser will need to see a selection of documents to confirm your identity, address and income details. Here’s what you’ll need to provide.
Photo ID (one from this list)
- Current, full UK or foreign passport
- Current EU national identity card1 with photograph
- Current, full or provisional UK photocard driving licence
Current address documents (one from this list)
- Current, full UK or foreign paper or photocard driving licence (if not used as photo ID)
- Utility bill (less than 3 months old)
- UK or foreign bank, building society or credit card statement (less than 3 months old)
- TV licence letter or Direct Debit agreement showing your name and address (less than 12 months old)
- Council tax bill, payment book or exemption certificate (less than 12 months old)
- Latest HMRC tax demand or PAYE code letter (less than 12 months old)
If you’re employed
If you’re self-employed
Got your Agreement in Principle?
Agreement in Principle for a mortgage
Take the first step to your mortgage with an AiP
Start an Agreement in Principle (AiP) to find out quickly if you could borrow the amount you need – without affecting your credit score.
Need to book a mortgage appointment?
Please make sure you’ve completed your Agreement in Principle before contacting us to make an appointment. You can call us or visit a branch.
Visit a branch
Visit a local branch and we’ll help you make the arrangements.
Book a mortgage appointment
Call us2 on 0800 197 1081* – all day, every day, except during Bank Holidays and Christmas period, when lines may be closed at off-peak times.
Need some help?
You can talk to us about our mortgages online, in branch or over the phone. For help deciding which mortgage is right for you, you’ll need to call us to speak to a mortgage adviser.
Talk to us online
Start a web chat if you’d like to ask us a question online.
Call us2 today. Lines are open all day, every day – except during the Christmas period, when they may be closed at off-peak times.
0800 197 1081
Visit a branch
Find a branch near you that offers appointments with mortgage advisers and see when we’re open.