What’s new on Smart Investor?
The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you could get back less than you invest. If you’re not sure about investing, seek independent advice.
We’re making changes to improve your online experience
We’ve been hard at work making a range of improvements to the look and feel of Smart Investor, following your feedback.
These include introducing a new layout on a range of popular pages across Smart Investor to provide a sleeker experience.
Look out for further updates as we roll these designs out across the whole of Smart Investor.
We’ve made it easier for you to find and use our Research Centre
We know many customers highly value our Research Centre but it hasn’t always been easy to navigate. We’ve made some changes to help make the Research Centre easier to use so you can integrate it seamlessly with your investment research.
The improved Research Centre:
- Has a new facility for researching investment in shares
- Has an improved content discovery feature with predictive search for asset types
- You can now find the Research Centre or specific share price information via Google
- Features a new navigation to show core information in both summary and detailed views
- Offers new functionality around how data is displayed, letting you analyse performance by sector and related shares
- Is now fully compatible for use on your mobile.
And we’re not stopping there. We’re currently working on further improvements and will let you know as soon as other new features are available.
CSDR Article 38
In accordance with Article 38 of the Central Securities Depository Regulation [CSDR], we will be complying with this regulation by offering Smart Investor customers the option to have a individual client segregation account. Details of individual client segregation features and benefits, how much it will cost and how to apply will be made available on the Smart Investor website in early 2021.
Fund and trade from your Smart Investor account using the Barclays app
You can now take your investments with you, wherever you are, with the Barclays app.
Available for iOS and Android devices, the Barclays app lets you take control of your money wherever you are, including:
- Checking the value of your investments
- Paying into your account so you’re ready to invest (excluding Barclays SIPP accounts)
- Browsing our range of investments to find the ones that are right for you
- Buying funds to grow your portfolio
- Selling investments as your needs or goals change
- Setting up regular investments to automate it and invest set amounts regularly over time
Simply download the Barclays app in your app store today and register for access to enjoy the convenience of having your investments on hand wherever you go. Or follow the link below to find out more. Please note, you will need to have a Barclays Current Account set up as your nominated bank account in order to fund your Smart Investor account from the app.
- You must have a Barclays Current Account, have a mobile number and be aged 16 or over to use the Barclays app. Terms and conditions apply.
- The Barclays app is supported for devices running iOS 11 and above or Android 5.0 and above.
Get the app
Click the link for your device to download.
On a computer?
Text Mobile to 62555 from the UK. You’ll receive a text with a link to the app (free of charge)
After you've downloaded it
Follow the instructions you see on your device screen or, if you need a bit more help, go to ‘Activate your app’ and follow the steps to get started.
Check this space for more updates on our mobile app in the near future.
Smart Investor is constantly evolving, and we’ll keep you updated on all the improvements we’re planning to make.
We don’t offer financial advice, so if you are unsure where to invest, seek professional independent financial advice. Investments can fall and rise in value, so you could get back less than you put in.
Share your feedback
Thanks for choosing to invest with us and we look forward to bringing you news of further changes as and when they happen.