How do I set a spending limit for debit card payments in my Barclays app?
To help control your spending, use the Barclays app1 to set a limit on how much you can spend in a single card transaction. This spending limit doesn’t affect cash machine withdrawals, refunds, charitable donations or mobile top-ups.
You can set a spending limit in your app – just follow these steps
- Under ‘Quick links’ on your home screen, tap ‘Cards’
- Select the debit card you want to set a spending limit on
- Tap ‘Spending limit’
- Turn the ‘Spending limit’ switch on
- Select one of the eight spending values between (£0 and £1,000) – this will be the limit for each transaction
- Select ‘Save’
- You must be 16 or over to use the app. Terms and conditions apply.