Why am I getting an error message when I take a photo of my cheque?
Your photo might not have captured all the details we need. Please try to take another one.
- The background is plain and a darker colour than the cheque
- The cheque is at least 15 cm away from the edge of any desk or table
- The lighting isn’t too bright or dark
- The cheque is within the four corners of the frame
- All four corners of the cheque are clear in the photo
- The cheque appears level on your screen, not at an angle
- The camera’s held steady so the photo isn’t blurred
Some smartphone cases interfere with the camera, so removing it could improve your photo.
If you've tried this and there’s still a problem, please try again later or visit a branch to pay your cheque in.