How do I decide on my tax residency status and complete this information?

The definition of tax residency varies between countries but generally, you’ll be tax resident in the country you live in.

There are also other factors to consider such as whether:

  • You live in another country outside the UK
  • You own property in another country outside the UK
  • You work abroad

Unfortunately, we’re not authorised to provide tax advice, so if you’re unsure about your tax residency status please:

  • Contact your local tax authority (HM Revenue & Customs in the UK)
  • Speak with a professional tax adviser