How can I get a Statement of Deduction of Income Tax for my savings accounts?

You can request one in Online Banking. Just log in, go to the ‘Manage account’ menu and select ‘Income tax statement’. Alternatively, you can call us on 0345 734 5345*.

Your first savings account statement issued after the end of the tax year (5 April) will include a summary of interest earned, and tax paid, for the previous tax year for personal accounts only. You can use this information to complete tax returns to the Inland Revenue.

In accordance with UK tax legislation from 6 April 2016, interest is paid gross. If you’re a UK taxpayer, you may have to pay tax on interest earned in excess of your Personal Savings Allowance.

For information and guidance please refer to the HMRC website.

Please note, it’s your responsibility to ensure that any tax due on interest payments received is paid to the appropriate tax authority.

*To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Call charges.