What's the difference between a full and partial account switch?
The differences are explained below.
- We'll move all your regular incoming and outgoing payments, like Direct Debits, standing orders, bills and your salary, to your new Barclays account
- We'll close your old account
- Any payment made to your old account will be redirected for 3 years (or longer if required). Please refer to the Current Account Switch Agreement and Guarantee [PDF, 2.13MB] for further details
- A full switch is covered by the Current Account Switch Guarantee
- We’ll ask your old bank for a list of your outgoing payments for the account you're switching from
- You select those you want us to move to your Barclays account
- Your old account open remains open
- We won't be able to switch any one-off, future-dated payments
- You'll need to arrange the transfer of any credit payments (like your salary) to your new Barclays account
- It takes longer than 7 working days and isn't covered by the Current Account Switching Guarantee
You’ll need to use our switching page or visit a branch to apply for a partial switch