I’m a US citizen. What information do I need to provide?

A US citizen will need to provide their tax identification number (TIN) or a social security number. If you’re unsure whether you have a US TIN or social security number, you can check through the Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) serving your region. The FBU provides services for US citizens living abroad on behalf of the Social Security Administration. They’ll be able to tell you if you’ve ever been issued with a US social security number but they’re not permitted to disclose the number to you, so you’d need to apply for a replacement card.