I've changed my name, what do I do?

To change your name on your accounts, bank cards and statements, you’ll need to visit a branch. Make sure to bring the relevant original documents with you – eg marriage certificate, decree absolute or deed poll document.  

If you only want to change the name of an account, for example to tell the difference between a 'bills account' and a 'number two account', you can change it here.

The documents we’ll accept are:

  • Marriage certificate – UK or foreign (as long as it can be translated)
  • Decree absolute (divorce)
  • Civil partnership registration
  • Deed poll – these don’t need to to be witnessed by a solicitor but they must be signed by the person named on the deed, and that signature independently witnessed 
  • Statutory declaration – with the signature of the named person, witnessed by a solicitor or magistrate
  • Driving licence
  • Passport

If you have the following products, you’ll have to use the contact details shown here to make any changes.

  • Barclaycard – you can change your details online or call 0800 151 0900 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
  • Mortgage – call 0800 022 4022 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm)
  • Currency account – call 0345 975 7575 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm). If you are a Barclays Wealth or Private Banking customer with us, please speak to your banker or servicing team directly
  • Investments – more information can be found on our investments pages
  • Home insurance – Depending on who the policy is with:
    Aviva home insurance – policy codes starting MPH, call 0800 051 3533. Policy codes starting MHO/BHI/BCI/WCI, call 0800 015 0246 (Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm, Sunday and bank holidays 10am to 4pm)
  • Life insurance – Depending on who your policy is with, you’ll need to call Aviva on 0800 046 6171 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm, Sunday and bank holidays 10am to 4pm), or Legal & General on 03700 104 080 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm)
  • Travel insurance – If you have single, annual or multi-trip travel insurance with us, please call Cigna on 0330 102 6417 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm). This is only for standalone travel policies. If your cover is through your current account Travel Pack, then changing your address for your account will also make this change
  • Payment protection insurance or Barclays income insurance – call Monument Insurance DAC on 0800 056 1414 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)