I've changed my name, what do I do?
If you've got married, divorced or changed your name by deed poll, you can change your name on your accounts, bank cards and statements etc in branch. Just bring along the appropriate original documents – ie, marriage certificate, decree absolute or deed poll document.
If you would only like to change the name of an account, for example to tell the difference between a 'bills account' and a 'number 2 account', change it here
The documents we’ll accept are:
- Marriage certificate – UK or foreign (as long as it can be translated)
- Decree absolute (divorce)
- Civil partnership registration
- Deed poll – these don’t need to to be witnessed by a solicitor but they must be signed by the person named on the deed, and that signature independently witnessed
- Statutory declaration – with the signature of the named person, witnessed by a solicitor or magistrate
- Driving licence
If you can’t visit a branch, you can change your name with us by post. Please let us know the reason for changing your name and send authenticated copies of identification signed and stamped by an official, eg a Solicitor, on every page of the document to: Barclays, Leicester, LE87 2BB.
Please do not send original copies as we cannot guarantee that the documents will be returned.
You can download the change of name form*, complete it in full and send it to the address on the form. Please don't email us any requests to change your contact details – they're not secure so we can't act on them.
If you have the following products, you’ll have to use the contact details shown here to make any changes.
- Barclaycard – you can change your details online or call 0800 151 0900 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Mortgage – call 0800 022 4022 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm)
- Currency account – call 0345 975 7575 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm). If you are a Barclays Wealth or Private Banking customer with us, please speak to your banker or servicing team directly
- Investments – more information can be found on our investments pages
- Home insurance – Depending on who the policy is with:
Aviva home insurance – policy codes starting MPH, call 0800 051 3533. Policy codes starting MHO/BHI/BCI/WCI, call 0800 015 0246 (Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm, Sunday and bank holidays 10am to 4pm)
Finer home insurance – call Aviva on 0800 051 0693 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm)
Premium Home Insurance by Hiscox – call 0800 781 3065 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm, closed Sunday and bank holidays)
- Life insurance – Depending on who your policy is with, you’ll need to call Aviva on 0800 046 6171 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm, Sunday and bank holidays 10am to 4pm), or Legal & General on 03700 104 080 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm)
- Travel insurance – If you have single, annual or multi-trip travel insurance with us, please call Cigna on 0330 102 6417 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm). This is only for standalone travel policies. If your cover is through your current account Travel Pack, then changing your address for your account will also make this change
- Payment protection insurance or Barclays income insurance – call Monument Insurance DAC on 0800 056 1414 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)