I've changed my name, what do I do?
To change your name on your current and savings accounts, bank cards and statements, you’ll need to visit a branch with the relevant original documents.
You can also write to us at Barclays, Leicester, LE87 2BB. Please include your original documents and your address for us to return them to. To make sure these aren’t lost on their way to us, we recommend you send them by recorded delivery.
Documents you’ll need
|If you’re 18 and over and want to change your||You’ll need|
|First name, middle name or full name (including spelling changes – for example, ‘Steven’ to ‘Stephen').||A government-issued photo ID showing your new name, such as your driving licence, passport or residency permit.|
|Surname only.||Marriage certificate, decree absolute or a deed poll certificate|
|No documents needed.|
|An official letter confirming title or a deed poll certificate.|
If you’re under 18, you can change your name and details with a deed poll certificate.
We accept deed poll certificates that you’ve created yourself or bought online. It doesn’t need to be witnessed by a solicitor, but it’ll have to be signed by you and witnessed by someone else.
Other accounts and services with us
If you have any of these products, you’ll need to use the contact details shown here to make any changes.
- Barclaycard – you can find more information here.
- Mortgage – When changing your name in branch or by post let the team know you have a Barclays Mortgage and you’d like to update your name on the mortgage too.
- Currency account – call 0345 975 7575 (Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm). If you have a Barclays Wealth Management or Private Banking client, please speak to your personal banker or servicing team
- Home insurance – for policy codes starting MPH, call 0800 051 3533. For policy codes starting MHO/BHI/BCI/WCI, call 0800 015 0246 (Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm, Sunday and bank holidays 10am to 4pm)
- Life insurance – depending on who your policy is with, you’ll need to call Aviva on 0800 046 6171 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm, Sunday and bank holidays 10am to 4pm), or Legal & General on 03700 104 080 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm)
- Payment protection insurance or income insurance – call Monument Insurance DAC on 0800 056 1414 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)