- Log in to Online Banking. Find how out here
- Once you’re logged in, click the ‘Move money’ tab
- Select ‘International payment’ from the menu
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose the person or organisation you want to make payments to – you’ll need to use PINsentry to authorise the payment
You can use your Barclays app to send money abroad.
- Log in to your app
- Tap ‘Pay & transfer’
- Tap ‘Pay a recent or new payee’
- Tap ‘Add new payee’
- Tap ‘Make an international payment’
- Select the account you’d like to make the payment from
- Enter the payment amount and the name of the person you’d like to pay
- Enter the country you’re sending the payment to
- Choose between ‘SWIFT TBC’ or ‘ABA Routing’
- Enter the details for the payment
- Confirm the payment
The time the payment will take depends on which country you’re sending it to and how the payment is made. How long payments take
Send money abroad using Telephone Banking.
Call 0345 734 5345 * and have your passcode ready. (Outside the UK, dial +44 24 7684 2100). Listen for the correct option and follow the instructions.
Premier Telephone Banking
Call 08009 24 7 365 * and have your passcode ready. (Outside the UK, dial +44 161 869 8012). Listen for the correct option and follow the instructions.
Business Telephone Banking
Call 0345 605 2345 * and have your passcode ready. (Outside the UK, dial +44 2476 842 091). Listen for the correct option and follow the instructions.
If you’re missing some information – such as your payee’s IBAN or SWIFTBIC – you can still send money abroad.
Your local branch can provide you with a paper draft for you to send by post.
Question 2 of 5 about Making and receiving international payments
How do I send money abroad?
You can use the Barclays app, Online Banking, Telephone Banking or visit a branch to send money abroad.